Model: Atomic SX 12 (2007)
Size(cm) / Radius(m): 162/? 169/? 176/17 183/?
New top model for highly athletic supercross fans. Redesigned profile with innovative Powerbridge technology, improved sidecut for even greater ski control and precise skiing at high speeds.
Test Team Comments:
- The SX12 is in the top 10 with regard to edge hold, without fail. Torsionally VERY strong, so skidding isn’t an issue, unless the skier deliberately releases the edges to dump some of the speed that this ski encourages. The 16mm of taper angle really serve up VERSATILE.
- Strong skills are a must to realize all that this one can do. Great edge grip and a penchant for “mach schnell,” and this ski loves to “rip” on the toughest trails and doesn’t disappoint.
- I like the “little bit heavier than most Atomics” feel. Very solid with race-like directional stability.
- Basically, this is a Race Ski. Very fast with great edge grip for experts with no speed limit. But the SX12 has a lot more tricks, and a broader repertoire.
- This is a great ski. Masters Racers pay heed. Its not better than the Dynastar Course 67 or Ski Cross 11, but still a worthy contender. There I said it. O K guys . . . . . . please feel free to include your thoughts on that comparison.
Real time prices for the Atomic SX 12 2007, or similar ski products: